HEINEKEN Ireland 2015 Performance Update
Maggie Timoney, MD HEINEKEN Ireland, commented:
“2015 saw HEINEKEN Ireland record market share growth of 0.3% in the beer and cider category, performing ahead of the market and delivering another strong year for the company.
The launch of our new cider, Orchard Thieves, last May, was a big success. Orchard Thieves now commands an impressive 4.3% of total cider and outperformed the declining cider category.”
2015: HEINEKEN Ireland grows in the Long Alcohol Drinks (LAD*) market:
- HEINEKEN Ireland grew its share of the total LAD market by 0.3%, outperforming the market, which saw a decline of 0.1%.
- The Heineken® brand remains Ireland’s No.1 lager.
- HEINEKEN Ireland’s share of the total cider market is 5.4%. HEINEKEN Ireland’s cider portfolio includes Orchard Thieves, Symonds, Scrumpy Jack and Stonehouse.
- Orchard Thieves, launched in May 2015, is now the No.4 cider brand in the market place, commanding 4.3% of the Total Cider Market. It is ranked No.3 in the On Trade channel and No.4 in the Off Trade Channel.
- 2015 was another year of growth for Coors Light, growing market share in both channels.
- The Desperados and Tiger brands had a stellar year, both delivering high single digit growth.
- Revenues for HEINEKEN Ireland remain strong in 2015 at €512.6m, driven by strong execution of innovative new product launches.
*The Long Alcohol Drinks (LAD) category consists of the beer and cider.
Highlights of the 2015 Irish Beer & Cider Market:
The Irish Long Alcohol Drinks (LAD) market saw a decline of 0.1% in 2015, with volumes now at 4.86m hls (hectolitres).
- Within the LAD category, beer market volumes showed a marginal growth of 0.4%, with volumes now at 4.2m hls.
- The cider category saw declines of 3.3%; a fall of 5.3% in the On Trade and a fall of 1.6% in the Off Trade.
- 2015 saw the total On Trade channel decline by 0.6%, reversing recent improvements in this channel and the Off Trade channel saw a return to growth of 2.1%, following a decrease of almost 4% in 2014.
About HEINEKEN Ireland
HEINEKEN Ireland is a wholly owned subsidiary of HEINEKEN N.V., the most international brewer in the world. Based in Cork since 1856, the brewery combines a long and proud brewing tradition with the most up to date technology and innovative marketing. The company employs 534 people.
The brewery’s portfolio includes Ireland’s No 1 lager, Heineken®, Orchard Thieves, Desperados, Tiger, Coors Light, Fosters, Sol, Amstel Radler, Beamish Stout, Murphy’s Stout, and Beer Frontier our range of specialty beers, which includes Affligem, Paulaner, Moretti, Zywiec etc.