Introduction to HEINEKEN Ireland
- HEINEKEN Ireland is one of Ireland’s largest brewers, operating in the heart of Cork city for over 167 years, with plans to stay for at least another 167 playing a key role in the economic and environmental future.
- Under our Brew a Better World sustainability strategy, we are working to brew with zero emissions from our Brewery by 2030 and are the first global brewer to pledge carbon neutrality in the full value chain by 2040.
- Logistics accounts for 14% of our total C02 emissions. That’s why we are proud to announce our new electric vehicle transport initiative, a project that will see 12 service vans and up to 63 cars in our sales fleet move to EV’s in 2023; that’s 85% of our sales team!
- Our aim is that by 2026, both of these fleets will be fully electric and 100% zero emission.
- Bringing sustainability into the last mile delivery to our customers is firmly part of this journey. That’s why we are also introducing a new electric keg delivery truck to service our Dublin city pubs. Another step closer to making our total distribution systems more sustainable.
Brew A Better World
Sustainability is embedded in our strategy. For over a decade, we have been driving progress through our Brew a Better World strategy, actively sharing and learning best practices within the industry.
In April 2021, we announced our ambitious Brew a Better World strategy for 2030, setting the stage for a net-zero, fairer, and more balanced world. Our ambitions include raising the bar on climate action, accelerating efforts to support social agendas, and empowering our brands to provide consumers around the globe with a range of zero-alcohol choices while also promoting moderate alcohol consumption. We are working to brew with zero emissions from our Brewery by 2030 and are the first global brewer to pledge carbon neutrality in the full value chain by 2040.
- We are immensely proud to be among the select few in Ireland, one of only 40 companies, that hold the independently audited Business Working Responsibly Mark, a testament to our unwavering dedication to responsible business practices.
See our latest Sustainability results and you can continue to follow our sustainability journey on Twitter and LinkedIn.